In exchange for participation in the following hair services: SHAMPOO, CONDITIONING, DRYING, CUTTING, COLORING, BRAIDING, RELAXING, CHEMICAL TREATMENTS, WEAVING, AND/OR STYLING organized and executed by JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ of 301 HOOFS RUN DRIVE, STUDIO 28, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22314, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family, to the following:
1. I understand the entire process and the services to be executed which were explained to myself and (if applicable) to my family members by JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ during my consultation.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks including but not limited to RASHES, SWELLING, SORES, LESIONS, AND/OR BREAKAGE, associated with the above described services and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family's participation.
3. I understand that I and (if applicable) my family members may be going against the professional advice given by JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ, or the employees, representatives or agents of JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ, and agree for myself and (if applicable) my family members to proceed with services requested by myself and (if applicable) my family members.
4. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ, or the employees, representatives or agents of JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ.
5. I agree to indemnify and defend JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ.
6. I agree to pay for all damages to the supplies and facilities of JAMAL EDMONDS/BOUTIQUE LAMAJ caused by my or my family's negligent, reckless, or willful actions.
7. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Maryland law.